The "Write Well" Page
The editorial content is based on business value, leading-edge technology, educational value of the article to the magazine's audience and the information's impact on ISM as an international association of supply management professionals.
Overall statement of article purpose:
After reading your article, readers should have some tips and advice and insight on how to ....
Magazine style notes:
- Use "Supplier" instead of "Vendor" or "Seller."
- Use "Supply Manager" instead of "Purchaser" or "Buyer."
- Use "Organization" instead of company, unless "company" is part of the title.
- Write in third person, not first.
- Always substantiate your claims, suggestions, and advice with facts, examples, or quotes from other sources. The magazine should not be used as a forum to editorialize.
- Use only one space between sentences.
- Use the phrase "supply management" to describe the function or profession.
Other writing pointers:
To help make your article reader-friendly, please:
- Use bullet points or "do's" and "don'ts" if applicable.
- Give real-life examples if they exist.
- Indicate if any of your information seems appropriate for a "pullout" box or short side article.
When the Article is Complete:
Please include a list of all your sources when you submit your article: name, address, fax number, e-mail address, and telephone number. We send your sources complimentary copies of the issue in which they appear. In addition, when we do final sign-off of the articles, we send the article to them via e-mail, so it's important that you include e-mail information.
Please send all article submissions on disk or by e-mail to:
Institute for Supply Management®
2055 E Centennial Circle
Tempe, AZ 85284
For advertising information contact:
Updated on 03/16/11