R. Gene Richter Scholarship Program
Information for 2017-2018 Academic Year
The R. Gene and Nancy D. Richter Foundation and the R. Gene Richter Scholarship fund at ISM will provide a US$5,000 scholarship (US$2,500 for December graduates) to individuals seeking education in supply management, supply chain management or procurement. An eligible student will be in his or her senior year during the 2017-2018 academic year and be enrolled full-time in an accredited supply management, supply chain management or procurement program with the intention of specializing in the supply management profession.
Scholarship recipients will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Attained High Academic Achievement — Recipients of this award have earned outstanding grades. Transcripts are looked at very closely.
- Demonstrated Strong Leadership Ability — Past winners have been active participants in campus activities and are usually an officer in one of the organizations. Others have led charitable efforts within their communities. They are involved.
- Demonstrated High Ethical Standards — This is a very important aspect of the program. Answers to essay questions are especially relevant to assessing the applicants' ethics. This is an area explored in greater depth during the personal interview.
- Made a Strong Commitment to Pursuing a Career in the Field of Supply Management — This is best shown through participation in the campus ISM chapter or other campus supply chain management associations. In addition, we would expect that an applicant has completed, or is planning to complete, an internship in the supply chain management field.
Eligible students are:
- Enrolled full-time in an accredited supply chain management curriculum (supply management, purchasing or procurement).
- Entering their senior year during the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Graduating in either December 2017 or Spring 2018.
- A citizen of the United States or Canada, or possess a valid green card.
- Attend ISM2017 - Annual International Conference on May 21-24, 2017 in Orlando, FL
- Willing to sign a contract pledging that the monetary award will be used for educational expenses (this includes living expenses).