ISM Sponsored Webinars
ISM presents numerous web-based seminars throughout the year. Join us to learn about new trends that affect your role in supply management. Participate from any location — all you need is a computer with an Internet connection, speakers and/or headphones. Earn one (1) Continuing Education Hour (CEH) for each live web seminar session you attend — And, keep up with the latest developments in supply management.
Why Credit Risk Monitoring Isn’t Enough When It Comes to Mitigating Supplier Risk
Date: Wednesday, October 18, 2017
Time: 1:00 pm Eastern
Sponsored by LexisNexis
Your supplier risk score is not giving you a full, proactive insight into your supply chain leaving you vulnerable to reputational, regulatory, financial and strategic threats. While conventional company credit scores help you spot third-party risks, there are many reasons you should not potentially jeopardize your business on credit risk monitoring alone.
Learn how to reduce risk in your supply base:
- Why you should not rely on business credit score alone
- Importance of ongoing, real time monitoring
- Strategies for detecting early warning signs of risk
Karen E. Gray, Senior EDDM specialist at LexisNexis
Date: Thursday, October 26, 2017
Time: 11:00 am Eastern
Sponsored by Zycus
As someone who has been in the supply world for more years than I would care to admit, the old Rodney Dangerfield lament about getting no respect was second only to the "we want a seat at the table" refrain. While the profession as a whole had made some advancements beyond the days when CFOs considered our enterprise contributions to be either minimal or non-existent, it is still safe to say that we procurement professionals have not properly branded ourselves and the value we bring to our organizations.
"Some executives used to think of procurement as the place you send staff away in order to never see them again." - Leading Procurement Strategy, Carlos Mena, Remko van Hoek, Martin Christopher
In this webinar sponsored by Zycus, we will look at where procurement as a profession were, where are they today, and what they have to do to realize their full potential in the future.
Jon Hansen, Editor & Lead Writer, Procurement Insights
6 Key Steps to Help You Get Started with Source-to-Pay
Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2017
Time: 1:00 pm Eastern
Sponsored by BravoSolution
During this webinar, we will discuss the importance of a fully integrated procurement platform, share critical insights on the best practices for a successful S2P implementation and how your procurement team can decide on the best path forward.
You will learn the six-steps that will help you properly prioritize the implementation process:
- How to align your program objectives with company goals?
- Why is spend analysis considered the backbone of your procurement operation?
- How will you determine which functional area or module to implement first?
- What are the potential synergies between the functional areas?
- How data integration from external systems increases program value?
- How will you insure the goals of your program are met?
David Englebert, Director, Value Engineering at BravoSolution
Supplier Collaboration: Driving Value, Innovation and Growth
Date: Wednesday, November 8, 2017
Time: 2:00 pm Eastern
Sponsored by Tradeshift
As industry disruption forces companies to be more agile and innovative than ever, companies are realizing that a key to future success is the strength of their supply chain. Once thought of as zero-sum game designed to drive as much savings as possible out of suppliers, progressive Procurement organizations are working towards the development of mutually beneficial relationships with their suppliers that generate strategic value. Attend this webinar to hear how companies are taking a more collaborative approach to working with suppliers, the challenges they face, and what they think the future holds for supplier relationships.
- Positioning procurement teams with and towards key internal stakeholders to develop the tie to the business and change the mind-set around procurement.
- Techniques to give business visibility into procurement activities and procurement a deep knowledge of stakeholder needs.
- Metrics, measurements and strategies to assess and promote the alignment between what your team is doing and the value for the business.
Mike Jud, Director Product Marketing at Tradeshift
Lease versus Purchase in the Era of New Accounting Rules - What is Best for Your Fleet
Date: Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Time: 1:00 pm Eastern
Sponsored by ARI Fleet
Now more than ever before there are a multiple ways to finance the fleet your organization needs to get business done. From leasing to financing to purchasing the vehicles outright, each method has a different effect on a company’s cash flow and balance sheet. Add to the mix the new accounting standards that will go into effect as early as December 2018 for public companies, and the decision of what to do becomes even more complicated. But it doesn’t have to be. Join ARI’s Director of Global Treasury Jesse Mann as he shares his insights on the lease versus purchase decision and what factors should be a part of your process so you can ensure your fleet stays on the road and delivers the most value to your organization as possible as a revenue generating asset.
- Understand the difference between leasing, financing and purchasing and the impact that each can have on your organization’s fiscal outlook, cash flow and balance sheet.
- Discuss the considerations that go into a lease versus purchase analysis; discover what commonly held beliefs around leasing are actually myths.
- Learn how the coming changes to the accounting standards may affect your organization and its operations.
Jesse Mann, Director, Lease Portfolio Management, ARI
The Emergence Of The Hybrid P2P Era
Date: Wednesday, November 29, 2017
Time: 11:00 am Eastern
Sponsored by Zycus
"Enterprises must evolve rapidly to stay competitive in our modern, fast-paced world. This puts a strain on IT and can lead to a chaotic mix of workload-specific hardware platforms and shadow IT that is costly, difficult to manage and high-risk." - Transforming to a Hybrid Infrastructure.
A recent article talked about the emergence of the Hybrid IT model, and how it will "get rid of legacy technology handcuffs."
But what does a hybrid IT model in the P2P world look like and how does it work?
In this webinar, Procurement Insights' Jon Hansen will examine more closely the emergence of intuitive, user-friendly cloud inclusive technologies that are operational within weeks or months as opposed to years, through the collaborative incorporation of "best of breed" process capabilities.
- Identify capacity and performance gaps in their current procurement practice
- Learn how to address these gaps through a hybrid P2P model approach
- Position current procurement practices to achieve organizational objectives
Jon W Hansen, Writer and Speaker at Procurement Insights
Previous ISM Sponsored Webinars
- Simply Powerful Purchasing | P2P Best Practices for Generating Business Value
Sponsored by BravoSolution | September 14, 2017
- Customer-Centric Procurement: Correlating Customer Experience to World-Class Performance
Sponsored by Zycus | August 25, 2017
- Why Risk Monitoring Matters: A Practical Guide for Increasing Visibility to Potential Risks
Sponsored by LexisNexis | July 26, 2017
- Evaluating Financial Health of Private Suppliers to Maintain Resilient Operations
Sponsored by RapidRatings | July 19, 2017
- Optimize Procure to Pay by Maturing Your B2B Integration: A Practical Roadmap
Sponsored by OpenText | June 13, 2017
- Fast-Tracking your Organization’s Efforts to Protect your Supply Chain from Risk
Sponsored by riskmethods | May 11, 2017
- Enterprise Success: Strategic Sourcing in the Age of Collaboration
Sponsored by Scout RFP | May 9, 2017
- Building Procurement Agility with Collaborative P2P
Hosted by TradeShift. April 19, 2017
- Predictive Resilience: Using Analytics to Uncover the Hidden Opportunities Across Your Supply Chain
Hosted by RapidRatings | April 13, 2017
- Building a Resilient Third-Party Management Program
Hosted by MetricStream | March 16, 2017
- Impact Business Outcomes Through Strategic Sourcing
Hosted by Scout RFP | February 9, 2017
- A Clear View of your Procurement Horizons: Highlights From This Year's Conference in Arizona
Hosted by riskmethods | November 16, 2016
- Big Data to the Rescue: Overcoming the Lack of Visibility to the Threats Lurking in Your Supply Chain
Hosted by riskmethods | November 10, 2016
- Keep Friends Close, Suppliers Closer: SRM Moves Beyond Relationships to Supplier Risk Management
Hosted by Zycus | October 19, 2016