Cost & Price Strategies
Improving MRO Management
This program provides a broadened view of MRO management with proven strategies to cut costs, eliminate waste and streamline processes. Open the door to successful sourcing by improving forecasts and supplier response time, trimming transaction costs and enhancing communication.
Who Should Attend
Purchasing and supply management professionals who want to reduce costs and increase the effectiveness of their MRO spend.
You Will Learn
- How to leverage your MRO spend for significant cost reduction
- Techniques for improved supplier management and development
- How the latest process developments in MRO supply management can simplify your system and reduce its administrative cost
- Low-cost technology options
- How is MRO different from other purchasing?
- Managing and forecasting inventories and services; Routine and emergency; MRO versus MRP; Planned maintenance
- Typical modes of MRO contracting; Annual contracts; Blanket orders; Systems contracts; Procurement cards
- Managing communications, Suppliers, Carriers, Users
- Advanced MRO supply management; Implementing key supplier alliances
- Leveraging electronic commerce to improve MRO; Online catalogs; Sourcing on the Internet
- Reengineering your MRO process; Integrating process improvements to reduce administrative effort
- Leveraging your spend to cut transaction costs and administrative effort
- Outsourcing: An option in MRO supply management
- Case studies: Hear how others have successfully reengineered their MRO processes to cut internal transaction steps, improve supplier response and drive down cost