Legal Concepts and Contracting
Performance-Based Statements of Work (SOWs): Maximize Supplier Performance
This application-based course provides both strategic and practical insight into the preparation of effective performance-based statements of work (SOWs) that result in successful contracts. This highly interactive program discusses specific tools and techniques and explores typical mistakes. Gain hands-on experience in writing effective performance-based specifications using actual case studies. Case debriefings and recapping lessons learned as well as Q&A sessions provide a platform to address matters specific to developing performance-based SOWs for your organization.
Who Should Attend
Supply professionals and others from service, manufacturing or the public sector, committed to enhancing supplier performance.
You Will Learn
- When to use performance-based specifications
- How to evolve your current SOWs into performance-based tools to generate results
- To write clear and concise performance-based specifications
- To develop effective contract performance measurements
- Ways to control project scope changes through effective performance-based SOWs
- How to avoid typical failures associated with poorly written SOWs
- Building the foundation: Defining the SOW and identifying its purpose; Different types of SOWs, including public and commercial models
- Uses of SOWs: Deliverables, Managing costs, Controlling change
- Why use performance-based specifications?
- Developing performance measurements
- Steps and guidelines for writing a performance-based SOW
- Critical lessons for SOW development: Required improvements and controls
- Successful SOWs: Effective models, comparisons and key success factors
- SOWs' linkages to project management
- Managing deliverables: Documenting requirements, Contract essentials, Managing risk, Ensuring performance results