Finance for the Supply Professional
Explore proven decision-making tools and financial techniques. Learn to communicate the quantitative contributions made by supply management. Apply financial practices to the supply management process and effectively evaluate your suppliers.
Be sure to bring your calculator and a laptop is highly recommended.
Who Should Attend
Supply management professionals who want to better understand the relationship between finance and procurement.
You Will Learn
- A proven set of decisionmaking tools and financial techniques
- To use these techniques to communicate purchasing's contributions
- How to effectively evaluate suppliers' financial status
- How to apply modern financial practices to purchasing
- Introduction to finance; Finance defined; Basic financial statements; Financial environment and procurement's position; Roles and skills involved; Purchasing's impact on financial statements
- Financial framework and analysis tools; Management views and perspective; Procurement financial information model; Procurement planning, forecasting and budgeting; Opportunity and risk analysis
- Revenue and cost relationship analysis; Ratio analysis; Breakeven analysis; Cost accounting; Activity based costing/management; Economic profit and the use of value-based tools such as Economic Profit, ABC and Modeling
- Capital expenditure process; Capital analysis; Cost of capital; Financial return analysis; Non-discounting techniques; Discounting techniques; Economic profit and evaluating up and down
- Cash flow analysis; Dynamics of cash flow; Cash management; Statement of cash flow; Cash forecasting; Supplier analysis
- Procurement ratios and formulas; Discount terms; Payment terms; Markups and markdowns; Inventory carrying cost
- Finance and accounting relationship; Understanding finance and accounting; Methods and impact; Principles versus practice (theory and practice); Valuation of the organization and understanding the shareholder's expectation
© Institute for Supply Management - All rights reserved