ISM Conferences/Events Media Guidelines
Media representatives and qualified journalists can obtain a complimentary registration to ISM events. Requests for credentials are handled on a case by case basis and must be secured in advance by submitting the following form to, Jessica Boyd, Public Relations Specialist, at email@example.com. Media registration will not be available onsite. The complimentary media badge provides:
- Exhibit Hall Access (If applicable)
- Attendance in general sessions and breakout educational sessions
PLEASE NOTE: Credentialed media must conduct interviews in media-designated areas or public spaces that do not interfere with the educational experience of any other attendee, presenter, exhibitor, sponsor, volunteer or ISM employee. Media representatives are also asked to obtain a written release or electronic permission from individuals who agree to participate in interviews.
Media registration guidelines were developed by ISM to ensure media credentials are limited to qualified journalists.
Please read the following information before filling out the registration form.
- You must be a reporter, editor or publisher of a publication that regularly covers supply management/procurement and/or related industries or targets a general audience relating to such topics.
- ISM requests that any media attending the event publish an article or distribute a press release about ISM or the event within six months following the event. The published article or press release is to be forwarded to ISM.
- ISM media registration is open to working journalists with commercial-news organizations only. Sales representatives with exhibiting publications should register for an exhibitor pass unless they are specifically writing or filing a bylined story on the event.
- Requesting media credentials does not automatically qualify you to receive a media badge from ISM. ISM reserves the right to deny any applicant a media badge.
- Companions and other non-credentialed guests of media representatives are not eligible for complimentary media registration.
- Up to two media registrations will be issued for each media organization.
- Once the application has been submitted, ISM may request that credentials be submitted before the application is approved. Credentials may include:
- A copy of your business card with name, editorial title and media outlet's logo;
- A copy of a current masthead, which clearly displays your name and editorial title, and/or; a bylined industry-related article written by you and published within the last 12 months.