To be eligible for certification, you must have:
- Three years of full-time supply management experience (nonclerical, nonsupport) and a regionally accredited bachelor’s degree,
- Five years of full-time supply management experience (nonclerical, nonsupport)
Earning a CPSM Certification requires you to take and pass three exams which together cover the main segments of supply management. The exam content addresses today's procurement and supply chain environment and workplace complexities such as risk, strategic sourcing, technology and increased skills needed for supply professionals to drive value in their organizations.
The CPSM exams include:
- Supply Management Core
- Supply Management Integration
- Leadership and Transformation in Supply Management
Please note that you have six months to complete an exam after registering.
Applying for Certification
Once you pass all three exams, you will need to submit your certification application and pay any applicable fees to be certified. Your exam scores remain valid for four years, and you must submit your application while all exam scores are valid.
Your CPSM is valid for three years before you must apply for recertification. Because the CPSM is a dynamic credential, ISM requires you to stay current with changes in the supply management field through continuous learning. Before applying for recertification, you will need to earn 60 hours of approved continuing education. Learn More About CEHs.
Two exams are required to achieve a Certified Professional in Supplier Diversity™ (CPSD™) certification. Your exam registrations are valid for six months. Register for to take the CPSD™ exams today.
- Supply Management Core Exam contains 165 questions, all questions are scored with 165 minutes (2 hours, 45 minutes) allowed. Please note, this exam is waived if you hold a current CPSM® or C.P.M. designation.
- Essentials in Supplier Diversity Exam contains 120 questions, all questions are scored with 120 minutes (2 hours) allowed.