ISM Annual Membership Vote Information
Institute for Supply Management® (ISM®) is proud to be your go-to supply management resource, community and partner as our profession continues to evolve. To best serve our members and community, ISM is making an important organizational shift to optimize effectiveness and efficiency.
The ISM® Board of Directors puts forth to the ISM® Membership a formal resolution to approve the Merger of Institute for Supply Management NY, Inc. with Institute for Supply Management AZ, Inc. Members are required to vote, either by proxy or in person. All votes will be verified at the ISM Annual Membership Meeting, August 12, 2020, 8:30 am MST at Tempe, Arizona. The effective date of the Merger will be September 1, 2020 (the “Effective Date”). The proposed merger will not alter the mission, duties or purpose of ISM®.
Institute for Supply Management, Inc., (ISM-NY) is not-for-profit corporation duly organized and existing under the New York Not-For-Profit Corporation Law, and Institute for Supply Management AZ, Inc. (ISM-AZ) is a nonprofit corporation duly organized and existing under the Arizona Nonprofit Corporation Act. ISM-NY and ISM-AZ desire to merge into one entity, with ISM-AZ as the Surviving Corporation, effective September 1, 2020.
“Our mission and purpose remain unchanged, as we work with you, our members, to drive the supply management profession forward,” said ISM CEO Thomas Derry. “This shift and merger provide ISM a simplified mechanism to operate and best serve you.”
The Merger purpose is to efficiently operate ISM®;, which has been headquartered in Arizona since 1987. Its only office, all assets and the majority of employees are based in Arizona. ISM-AZ, as the Surviving Corporation, will continue to provide supply management professionals and organizations with education, training, publications, certifications, research, awards and other related resources and tax-exempt activities. Once effective, there will be no difference in service or experience for members, chapters, customers, suppliers and partners. Institute for Supply Management®; will continue to serve the supply management profession and its long-term mission.
ISM-AZ is organized and shall be operated exclusively for charitable, educational, scientific and literary purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended. The Merger will eliminate duplicate state annual reports, filing fees and statutory and regulatory compliance issues. It will also align the Surviving Corporation formation documents and corporate domicile with the location of the Arizona corporate office, assets and employees.
Important highlights also include:
- The Mission and Purpose of the Corporation is unchanged
- All Members of the Corporation in good standing as of the Merger date will be Members of the Surviving Corporation
- Chapters in good standing as of the Merger date will be Chapters of the Surviving Corporation
- The Merger will streamline and provide operational efficiency for the Corporation
- Members will still directly elect the board of directors, and the nominating process is unchanged
- ISM will operate according to the provisions of the Model Not-for-Profit Corporation Law as promulgated by the American Bar Association and adopted by most states, including Arizona, where ISM has maintained its headquarters since 1987
- The Board of Directors for the Surviving Corporation may institute amendments to the Surviving Corporation Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation
A “Yes” vote will have the effect of approving the merger, a “No” vote will have the effect of not approving the merger.
All active members in good standing as of June 8, 2020, will receive a ballot to vote on Monday, June 29. Visit your My Account page to confirm your member status and preferred email to receive communications from ISM.
How You Can Cast Your Vote
To ensure the complete confidentiality of the voting process and the accurate tallying of the votes, ISM has partnered with an outside election company, Survey & Ballot Systems (SBS), to administer the 2020 membership vote.
Vote on the Web Starting June 29, 2020 8:00 a.m. MDT, USA
Click on the link provided in the election notice that will be emailed to you between June 29-30, 2020.
Go tohttps://www.directvote.net/ISM/ to access the online ballot.
- You will need your ISM Member Number and your Election Passcode that will be emailed to you between June 29-30, 2020. You need both numbers to access the online ballot.
- Once you have logged on, follow the online voting instructions.
- If you need help logging onto the web ballot or you do not have your ISM Member Number and Election Passcode, you may contact Survey & Ballot Systems by phone, email or live chat, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. MDT, USA. (The phone number, email information and live chat link is posted on the website, https://www.directvote.net/ISM/ .)
- Online voting opens on June 29 2020, 8:00 a.m. MDT and ends August 12, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. MDT, USA.