ISM Announces its Persons of the Year, Affiliate of the Year and Affiliates of Excellence
FOR RELEASE: May 18, 2016
|Media contacts:||Mike Scott
480-752-6276 ext. 3121
Annual awards recognize significant contributors to advancement of supply management industry through support of and participation with the Institute for Supply Management®
PHOENIX (May 18, 2016) – Institute for Supply Management® (ISM®) announced and recognized its persons of the year, affiliate of the year and affiliates of excellence with an awards breakfast May 16 during the ISM2016 annual conference in Indianapolis.
The Persons of the Year Awards recognize excellence in five key areas that progress the industry, while the affiliate awards identify those ISM affiliates that provide significant opportunities for their local supply management communities.
“One of the true signs of a professional is their willingness to give back to their profession, and we’ve seen that exemplified among our persons of the year as well as through the outstanding commitments of ISM affiliates,” said Tony Conant, chief operating officer of ISM. “The work that all our groups, forums, and affiliate leaders do is absolutely vital to the continuing success of the Institute for Supply Management.”
Persons of the Year Awards
The ISM Persons of the Year Awards recognize excellence in education/learning, innovation/creativity, leadership, marketing/communicating and volunteerism.
- The 2015 ISM Education Person of the Year: Michael J. Urick, PhD, MBA, MS from ISM--Pittsburgh, Inc., for his significant contributions to advance educational and training opportunities through continuous improvement of ISM products and programs.
- The 2015 ISM Innovation Person of the Year: Jamie N. Alderman, CPSM from ISM--Pittsburgh, Inc. for the ability to use his skills and creativity in a new way to improve the performance of a program, or his work.
- 2015 Leadership Person of the Year: Tex Shellhart, C.P.M. from ISM--Nashville, Inc., who is honored for demonstrating leadership in the face of changing priorities, procedures or organization.
- 2015 Marketing and Communications Person of the Year: Ken M. Murray, CPSM from ISM--Nashville, Inc. for helping promote and enhance ISM and the supply management profession.
- 2015 ISM Volunteer of the Year: Christopher Mihok, CPSM, C.P.M. from ISM--Connecticut, Inc. Mihok most exemplifies the spirit of ISM, and has been a steady, all-around ambassador for supply management.
Affiliate Excellence Awards
The affiliate selected for the Affiliate of the Year Award has surpassed the designated core competency requirements, including but not limited to membership growth, professional development opportunities and valuable affiliate membership meetings. ISM announced ISM – Cleveland, Inc. the 2015 Affiliate of the Year during the breakfast ceremony.
ISM – Cleveland, Inc. was also recognized with an ISM Affiliate Excellence Award, along with eight other local affiliates, for demonstrating an awareness and distinction in their professional operations, educational offerings and ability to recruit, train and retain members, while at the same time communicating the value and prestige of ISM and the supply management profession. The 2015 recipients of the Affiliate Excellence Award included:
- ISM – Arizona, Inc.
- ISM – Cleveland, Inc.
- ISM – Dallas, Inc.
- ISM – Houston, Inc.
- ISM – Kansas City, Inc.
- ISM – Los Angeles, Inc.
- ISM – New Jersey, Inc.
- ISM – Northern Virginia, Inc.
- ISM – Pittsburgh, Inc.
About Institute for Supply Management
Institute for Supply Management® (ISM®) serves supply management professionals in more than 90 countries. Its 48,000 members around the world manage about $1 trillion in corporate and government supply chain procurement annually. Founded in 1915 as the first supply management institute in the world, ISM is committed to advancing the practice of supply management to drive value and competitive advantage for its members, contributing to a prosperous and sustainable world. ISM leads the profession through the ISM Report On Business®, its highly regarded certification programs and the newly launched ISM Mastery Model™. For more information, please visit: www.instituteforsupplymanagement.org.