Re-Energize Your Services Initiatives
FOR RELEASE: August 11, 2010
Register to attend 11th Annual ISM Services Conference.
(Tempe, Ariz.) August 11, 2010 — Register now to attend the 11th Annual ISM Services Conference, December 2-3, 2010 at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort in Phoenix. Presented by Institute for Supply Management™ (ISM), this program is designed for supply management professionals responsible for not only acquiring services but also for developing the supply chain strategies that support the goals and objectives of the organization.
This one-and-a-half-day program is valuable for returning attendees as well as new registrants. Each year's program build on the previous year to include the latest innovations and ideas. The 2009 Services Conference received one of the highest approval ratings in the 10-year life of the program. This year's program, Innovative Supply Relationships: Creating Value for Services Procurement, promises to be even better and will again feature top-level presenters, networking breaks, networking lunch and a supplier showcase.
- Collaborative Relationship Development With Strategic Suppliers — Hear how transformation and continued savings, even during the economic pinch of the past few years, has been achieved in part through collaborative relationship development with strategic suppliers at United Airlines.
- Comprehensive Services Procurement — Explore the optimization of services spend in areas such as consulting, print and marketing services.
- Do/Buy Process for Rolls-Royce When Determining to Insource or Outsource Services — This session shares a step-by-step process that Rolls-Royce uses to help both purchasing and the service departments analytically determine the risk and feasibility of outsourcing services. Specific questions, a flow chart and scoring are shared to show how the decision is made.
- Creative Services Sourcing at Disney: Engaged With Passion — Discover how Disney professionals engage with each other and suppliers in order to source creative services that help make the Disney "difference."
Registration fee is US$795 for ISM members and US$995 for nonmembers. To register online to attend the conference, visit www.instituteforsupplymanagement.org/1513. Attendees can earn 10.25 Continuing Education Hours (CEHs).
All sessions are at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort, 11111 N 7th St., Phoenix, AZ 85020. For hotel reservations, call +1 602/866-7500. Be sure to mention ISM (use group code IVG) to receive the special room rate of US$139 single/double with high-speed Internet and resort fee included. The cutoff date for the ISM room rate is November 8, 2010; rooms sell out quickly, so be sure to reserve your room early. To reserve your room online, go to www.instituteforsupplymanagement.org/2264.
* Save US$100 when you register for both the Services Conference and this year's pre-Conference seminar, Strategic Services Procurement: Applying Strategic Sourcing Principles #4457, November 30-December 1, 2010 in Phoenix.
As the largest supply management institute in the world, the mission of Institute for Supply Management™ (ISM) is to lead supply management. By executing and extending its mission through education, research, standards of excellence, influence building and information dissemination — including the renowned monthly ISM Report On Business® — ISM continues to extend the global impact of supply management. ISM is a not-for-profit membership association serving more than 40,000 supply management professionals in 75 countries. ISM offers credentialing to professionals around the world with the Certified Professional in Supply Management® (CPSM®) qualification. ISM is a member of the International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management (IFPSM).