ISM to Hold Sustainability & Social Responsibility Conference November 4-5, 2010
FOR RELEASE: May 27, 2010
Program covers full range of social responsibility, from sustainability and environmental issues to global licensing, ethics and logistics.
(Tempe, Ariz.) May 27, 2010 - Discover how top leaders in supply management are implementing the numerous concepts of sustainability. Register online now for the 3rd Annual ISM Sustainability and Social Responsibility Conference, on November 4-5, 2010 at Disney's Yacht Club Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. Presented by Institute for Supply Management™ (ISM), the conference features cream-of-the-crop presenters from multinational companies, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) and the legal field:
- Cathy A. Rodgers, IBM vice president, global business development, IBM Global Services, chair of ISM Sustainability and Social Responsibility Committee
- Mark Snyderman, senior knowledge leader, LRN
- Joan N. Kerr, M.S.W., J.D., director, supplier diversity/development, Pacific Gas & Electric Company
- Rennie Alston, president, American River International, Ltd.
- Richard Z. Donovan, senior vice president and vice president of forestry division, Rainforest Alliance
- Randy Watson, partner, A.T. Kearney, Inc.
- Ben R. Jordan, director, supplier sustainability, global procurement & trading, The Coca-Cola Company
- Michael A. Levine, shareholder, Epstein, Becker & Green, PC
- DeLynne Ano, director, supplier diversity & sustainability, The Walt Disney Company
- Regina O. Edwards, J.D., director, supply chain compliance, MeadWestvaco
- Drew Schramm, senior vice president, global supply management, Herman Miller, Inc
- Judy Baranowski, AlixPartners, LLP
The one-and-a half day program offers nine educational sessions, including two panel discussions. Thursday's panel discussion, "Corporate Responsibility Challenges of the Global Leader in Licensing" promises unique insights from The Walt Disney Company team members who will provide first hand perspectives on issues being faced by global manufacturers.
Cost is US$795 for ISM members, US$995 for nonmembers and US$250 for ISM student members. Fees include all workshops and scheduled meals. Team discounts and student rates are available. Visit ISM online at www.instituteforsupplymanagement.org for full agenda and to register.
In addition to the Sustainability and Social Responsibility Conference, ISM will hold a pre-conference seminar on November 2-3, 2010 titled "Sustainability and Social Responsibility for Supply Professionals." Pre-conference fees are US$1,295 for ISM members and US$1,595 for nonmembers. Attend both programs and save US$200 off the registration fee for the complete package.
The ISM room rate is Single/Double US$155 per night (additional person (18 or older) - US$15) plus tax through October 1, 2010. Disney's Yacht Club Resort.
As the largest supply management institute in the world, the mission of Institute for Supply Management™ (ISM) is to lead supply management. By executing and extending its mission through education, research, standards of excellence, influence building and information dissemination — including the renowned monthly ISM Report On Business® — ISM continues to extend the global impact of supply management. ISM is a not-for-profit membership association serving more than 40,000 supply management professionals in 75 countries. ISM offers credentialing to professionals around the world with the Certified Professional in Supply Management® (CPSM®) qualification. ISM is a member of the International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management (IFPSM).