Ethics and Business Conduct | Financial Integrity and Transparency | Global Citizenship | Health and Safety |
Human Rights | Labor Rights | Sustainability
- ASTM International, formerly known as the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), is a globally recognized leader in the development and delivery of international voluntary consensus standards. Today, some 12,000 ASTM standards are used around the world to improve product quality, enhance safety, facilitate market access and trade, and build consumer confidence.
ASTM documents are divided into nine sections, Metals, Construction, Paints, Petroleum Products, Plastics, Textiles, Rubber & Electric Insulating Materials, General Test Methods, and Miscellaneous.
- Future 500 is an organization that links corporations and stakeholders to advance global citizenship, offering tools, strategies and processes to find common ground to address society's problems. Two of its tools are Global Citizenship 360 and Stakeholder Mapping.
- International Center for Corporate Accountability is a not-for-profit organization founded to promote good corporate citizenship worldwide. Its mission is to encourage multinational corporations to create voluntary standards to guide their conduct in overseas operations regarding wages and working conditions, protection of human rights, and sustainable development issues. The organization also creates procedures for independent external monitoring to verify compliance by the companies with their voluntarily created codes of conduct.
- International Standards Organization (ISO) is an organization is developing an International Standard providing guidelines for social responsibility. This voluntary guidance standard was published in 2008 as ISO 26000.
- Social Accountability International works to improve workplaces and combat sweatshops through the expansion and further development of the international workplace standard, SA8000, and the associated SA8000 verification system. SAI is a U.S.-based, nonprofit organization dedicated to the development, implementation and oversight of voluntary verifiable social accountability standards.
- United Nations Global Compact is an international initiative to bring companies together with UN agencies, labor and civil society to support universal and social principles. It consists of 10 universal principles in the areas of human rights, labor, the environment and anti-corruption.