To be eligible for certification, you must have:
- Three years of full-time supply management experience (nonclerical, nonsupport) and a regionally accredited bachelor’s degree,
- Five years of full-time supply management experience (nonclerical, nonsupport)
Earning a CPSM certification requires you to pass three exams, which you may take in any order. Candidates may pass a combination of 2018 or 2014 versions of the exam.
NEW! 2018 Version:
- Supply Management Core
- Supply Management Integration
- Leadership and Transformation in Supply Management
- Foundation of Supply Management
- Effective Supply Management Performance
- Leadership in Supply Management
You have six months to complete an exam after registering for it.
Applying for Certification
Once you pass all three exams, you will need to submit your certification application and pay any applicable fees to be certified. Your exam scores remain valid for four years, and you must submit your application while all exam scores are valid.
Your CPSM is valid for three years before you must apply for recertification. Because the CPSM is a dynamic credential, ISM requires you to stay current with changes in the supply management field through continuous learning. Before applying for recertification, you will need to earn 60 hours of approved continuing education. Learn More About CEHs.
Two exams are required to achieve a Certified Professional in Supplier Diversity™ (CPSD™) certification. Your exam registrations are valid for six months. Register for to take the CPSD™ exams today.
- Supply Management Core Exam contains 165 questions, all questions are scored with 165 minutes (2 hours, 45 minutes) allowed. Please note, this exam is waived if you hold a current CPSM® or C.P.M. designation.
- Essentials in Supplier Diversity Exam contains 120 questions, all questions are scored with 120 minutes (2 hours) allowed.
Exams are administered at Pearson VUE, a worldwide testing solutions provider. Once you’ve registered to take your exams with ISM, schedule your exam by clicking on the button below.
Reschedules and cancellations must be completed 24-hours prior to avoid forfeiting your exam fees. Pearson VUE will charge a fee for any appointment that is cancelled or rescheduled 48-hours prior to the scheduled testing time. This fee is paid directly to Pearson VUE.